I have always wanted to learn how to make Tamales. This was my year to learn. It was so much fun but I had no idea how much work it was. I have a new respect for anyone who makes these for there families. So my mom, Rob and I headed over to my friend Mary's mother-in-laws house after a morning of shopping for all our supplies. Then we cooked the meat and soaked the husks and then the real work began. Hours of rolling the masa into husks and filling them with the meat and then into the pot for a few hours of steaming. We had lot's of laughs and I decided that the only way to cook like that is as a group because we could keep each other company as well as keep ourselfs going. Thank you to Mary and Lupe for a wonderful fun day of girl time and learning.